Looking Ahead to 2018: D&O Insurance Insights
Back to school, back to work: Summer is over and it’s time to start planning for year-end…and next year. This is also the time of year that Woodruff-Sawyer releases our annual “Looking Ahead” interactive guide.
The “Looking Ahead” guide is designed to equip public (and large private) companies with the information they need to make smart decisions about their D&O insurance program in the coming year.
Note: For the best experience, please view the document in fullscreen mode. You can do this by clicking the icon in the lower right corner of the document viewer.
By downloading the guide, you’ll gain instant access to:
- A D&O insurance market update and a look at emerging coverage issues
- Retention and pricing trends
- Renewal pricing insights
- Survey results from insurance carriers on the current risk environment, their risk appetite and future pricing expectations for D&O insurance
- Hot topics facing directors and officers that impact risk management
- Interview insights from seasoned insurance executives on multiple issues faced by the directors and officers of public and fast-growing private companies today
Underwriters Weigh In
New to our “Looking Ahead” guide this year is survey data from the major insurance carriers on the current risk environment, risk appetite and future pricing expectations for D&O insurance.
Underwriters from AIG, XL Catlin, Chubb, Lloyd’s, Tokio Marine HCC, Old Republic, and Great American, among others, weighed in to answer questions such as:
- Is director and officer risk going up?
- Are companies as aware as they should be about the risk and cost of director and officer litigation?
- Who is the most critical person at a company when you think about mitigating director and officer risk?
Good brokers are constantly in conversation with the major insurance carriers. The new “Underwriters Weigh In” section of the guide brings some of that conversation straight to you.
US D&O Market Trends
Given the current risk environment, how is the insurance market responding?
The US D&O liability insurance market continues to favor insureds—and a lot depends on where you are sitting in the market. Mature public companies continue to do well.
Recent IPO companies in the technology and life science sectors are more challenged. There is nuance here, and we discuss it in the “D&O Market Trends” section of the “Looking Ahead” guide.
To learn even more about trends on pricing, renewals and much more, get instant access to the 2018 “Looking Ahead – D&O Considerations for the Next Calendar Year” here.
Have questions regarding your renewal?
Please contact us with any questions or comments: LookingAhead2018@wsandco.com